Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Argument dialog

Car Argument Ideas

Heat of Argument

Girl on phone with her mother.

Guy: (Irritated) stresses with the steering wheel

I hate to imply Guilt by association but are you against me?

-What?

You and mother? Its bullshit. You could at least stand up for me. But here I am in the car with you and you let her rag on my without a bit of defense.

-Thats insane.

ALright, Call her back.

-You're being silly.

See you can't admit it. You're against me.

-I am not, but its my mother. I'm not going to burn that bridge.

I guess you dont love me.

-You're being childish.

No more than you. If you love me you'll call her back and stand up for me.

- Get past it.

I won't. Its that sort of garbage that makes me wonder where this relationship is going. If there is even a god damn...

-Fuck you.

Right! Get mad at me for wanting you to have my back.

-This really bothers you?

Are you kidding me? Im going to argue with you over something that doesn't mean a damn to me? Would you like it if my father or mother was dogging you right in front of your face. You're my god damn woman and I am going to let them disrespect you like that. You'd leave me in a heartbeat.

- (Beat) Upset pout

Then show me the same mutual, respect-

-Fine. I will.

Alright.

-(Beat)

Well?

-What now?

Of course now, god damn it!

-Mom... No.. I... No, Im fine. Its just that... No. Thats fine. Yes Jerry's still here. Mom. Mom.. Mom! Listen. I need to tell you that I'm not at all appreciative of how you talk about Jerry. I love him very much and you don't pay him enough respect.
(Audible laughter on the other end of the phone)
Mother, its not funny. (She begins smiling herself)

Guy: Yeah, well at least I'm not curled up in the fetal position balling out all my self respect to some Carly Simon song.

Girl: Maybe if you didn't resolve to be a complete dick all the time, consistently ignoring me,

Guy: Oh, "I know nothing stays the same, but if you're willing to play the game, it will be coming around again."

Resolve of argument
Girl: Well, we both know "Nobody does it better."

No comments:

Post a Comment