Thursday, May 2, 2013

Silver Fox


Written April 21st

Recently I was offered a role as an Office supervisor. I said yes with no hesitation and in the midst of reading the script and the few moments the character had in relation to the story and the other characters, I saw the opportunity to portray a character not too far outside the way I jokingly act at work.

I don't think I could have done this with any of the other characters in the script to such a dramatic and over the top degree, so it was the perfect situation to placate to the sorts of things I am naturally suited for.. 

The first problem though was the character was described as a 40 year old in the script; which a baby face like myself clearly isn't. This led to me making my first instinctual character choice by meeting up with a stylist hairbytracy and bleaching and toning my hair until it was white.


Onto the day on set,
I brought quite a few different props so as to make the office I was going to have my own. Enough said really.








2007 Marine Ball in Beijing Sgt Boyce, Myself and Sgt Moses. Toy PR24 I found in Autozone Parking lot and hence filled with resin to actually make it a weapon and an Airsoft Baretta.




Eagle Update:
After working on the front suspension I moved back to the rear and began working on raising the rear of the car. In the midst of my employee discount weekend I also purchased some two inch lift blocks to accomplish this.

Basically my leaf springs were resting on top of the rear axle by putting a block between the two on each side it raises the vehicles body away from the axle. This was easier conceived of than done as most of my time was spent trying to get the car jacked up and on jack stands. The problem with these stands and the jack was they were designed for a much smaller car. The Eagle on its own had a pretty high stance so nothing would reach unless I boosted it up.


Anyway, I adapted to this issue by using the extra wood that was laying around the garage. After all this was done Since I had to get the car so high off the ground just to get the tires off, I ended up using all the play I might have with the jack to adjust the axle. I further compensated with more wood and it just kept making things more difficult and time consuming.



Regardless all that, I was still able under my own power to get the lift blocks where they needed to be, but the blocks were universally designed so they didn't exactly fit in their places above the axle. At this point my anxiety in doing all this by myself began to peak as things began not to align correctly and I had a run in with the car beginning to roll and compromise the jack stands. I ended up stopping, getting the car back on steady footing and waiting for some friends to come over with their jacks.


Michael Milestone with the Lift block he helped me center and drop into place. (Lift block  is the grey piece of aluminum above the Wheel Drum)
Lift support with both Wheels removed.


New Stance on the Eagle.

1 comment: